Babies who are exposed to perinatal complicatios incl. asphyxia, preeclampsia, and meconium-stained amniotic fluid, are at increased risk of developing autism. The risk is especially high for babies exposed to complications both before and during birth.
Recent Autism Science & Research News
- Aggression In Autism – One Simple Cause
- Depression in Autism – More Than Meets The Eye?
- Autoimmune Encephalitis – A Treatable Form Of ‘Autism’
- ‘From Bench to Biopharma’ International Conference on Translational Research in Autism – Day 1 Recap
- NEW UK Autism Research Hub: The Synapse Centre for Neurodevelopment ESNEFT
- Addressing Poor Health & High Death Rates in Autism
- Synchrony 2019 – Translational Research in Autism symposia
- Transcranial direct current stimulation tDCS – a novel treatment for autism?
- Cannabis for Treating Core and Comorbid Autism Symptoms – Where are we at?
advice auditory processing auditory training autism autism acceptance autism awareness autism risk factors Autism Spectrum Disorder ASD autistic regression autoimmunity Berkshire bumetanide CBD oil comorbid disorders congenital disorders cure for autism early identification of autism epilepsy & seizures gastrointestinal health identity politics immune system inflammation learning medical medical conditions medicinal cannabis neurodiversity NMDAr encephalitis parents parent support perinatal events pregnancy professionals resources sensory dysfunction severe autism special diets stress TA Roadshow treatment treatments treatments for core autism symptoms upcoming vision therapy
Search autism news
The purpose of this site is to provide information. No information on this website should be construed as medical advice. Neither article authors, associated charities, nor individual contributors take any responsibility or liability for any decision taken by site visitors as a result of the information contained herein or the external links provided. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably qualified practitioner.