Babies who are exposed to perinatal complicatios incl. asphyxia, preeclampsia, and meconium-stained amniotic fluid, are at increased risk of developing autism. The risk is especially high for babies exposed to complications both before and during birth.
Recent Autism Science & Research News
- NEW UK Autism Research Hub: The Synapse Centre for Neurodevelopment ESNEFT
- Addressing Poor Health & High Death Rates in Autism
- Synchrony 2019 – Translational Research in Autism symposia
- Transcranial direct current stimulation tDCS – a novel treatment for autism?
- Cannabis for Treating Core and Comorbid Autism Symptoms – Where are we at?
- Century-old drug offers new hope for autism treatment
- Higher rates of autism in children with various congenital disorders
- Autism should be approached as a chronic health condition, scientists recommend
- Diuretic drug improves core autism symptoms
advice auditory processing auditory training autism autism acceptance autism awareness autism risk factors Autism Spectrum Disorder ASD autistic regression autoimmunity Berkshire bumetanide CBD oil comorbid disorders congenital disorders cure for autism early identification of autism epilepsy & seizures gastrointestinal health identity politics immune system inflammation learning medical medical conditions medicinal cannabis neurodiversity NMDAr encephalitis parents parent support perinatal events pregnancy professionals resources sensory dysfunction severe autism special diets stress TA Roadshow treatment treatments treatments for core autism symptoms upcoming vision therapy